Learn the proven strategies and expert tips to find a profitable niche for your dropshipping business. This guide will help you identify lucrative product categories, conduct market research, and select a niche with high-profit potential, setting you on the path towards dropshipping success.
How to Create Compelling Carousel Posts On Instagram [Ultimate Guide]
The average platform engagement rate is at about 1.22%, but carousels can get those rates between 1.65% and 5.40% (depending on the number of followers). This has so much potential that has not been tapped into yet since 75% of users and social media managers still use single image posts instead of carousel.
So, if you want to know how to create and use Instagram carousel posts to give your brand a leg up, keep on reading.
What is Instagram Carousel Post?
It’s a type of Instagram post that features multiple photos and/or videos that you can publish as a single post that can be viewed by swiping to the left.
On the desktop, you also have an option to click on an arrow that’s on the right side of a picture/video. You can pick up to 10 images or videos per one carousel post.
Instagram carousels are perfect for building your audience’s interest and curiosity and revealing announcements and surprises in a creative way. Instagram carousel posts prolong audiences’ engagement by making them keep swiping left till the last picture/video.
Sizes of Instagram Carousel Posts
1. Portrait – 1080 x 1350 px
2. Square – 1080 x 1080 px
3. Landscape – 1080 x 566 px
The recommended size for Instagram post images should be at least 1080 × 1080 px, with a ratio of 1:1, but you can actually choose any size.
Format - JPG or PNG
Size - no more than 30MB
Format - MP4
Size - max 4GB
Length - less than 60 seconds
Keep in mind that all images in the Carousel should have the same size.
If you use carousels the algorithm on Instagram will show your post more than once to your followers. Meaning if a follower didn’t swipe left on your post, the next time they browse their feed they’ll be able to see your post again, only this time a second picture from your carousel would show.
How to create a carousel post on Instagram?
Before we start creating carousel posts here is some advice that you should keep in mind:
1. Are you sure that you need a carousel and not a single image or a video? Why did you choose it?
2. Before deciding on an arrangement of images for your carousel, make sure you already have a concept in mind for the post. What story, insight or point are you trying to convey?
3. If you’re searching for a one-of-a-kind design for your carousel post, you might want to check out Glorify
4. After you picked out your pictures/videos add a text that you want to go with it
5. Add video/images to your carousel gallery in the order you want them to appear
We’ll show you here two different options on how to create a carousel post on Instagram:
Using the Instagram App:
1. Sing up or Sign in (if you already have one) to your Instagram account.
2. Click the “+” icon on your home screen in Instagram.
3. Look under the “post preview” and click the double-layered squares.
4. Decide what photos you want and select them in the order you want them to appear in your carousel post.
5. Select filters for each image (Crema, Lark, etc.) to give a unified feel to your entire post.
6. If you wish to change the highlight, contrast, brightness, or any other image feature click on “Edit”, then when you’re ready to save changes click on the ‘blue tick’. You need to do this for every image in the carousel separately.
7. When you’re done editing and wish to go to the next step, click on the ‘blue arrow’ icon in the top right corner.
8. Now it’s time for caption writing (can be seen under the carousel). Here you can also add hashtags, locations, and (tag) people. There are also options for you to share your carousels on your Facebook, Twitter, and/or Tumblr accounts.
9. And when you’re ready to share it, click again on the ‘blue tick’ icon.
1. Sing up or Sign in (if you already have one) to your Glorify account.
2. Go to the “Instagram Square Post” feature and choose either the “New From Scratch” option or browse templates.
3. If you want to use templates, you can duplicate an image (or drag it) and change elements, so you can use them for carousel. Therefore it will look uniformed. You can keep the background and, let’s say, fonts and their color, and just put new product in each image. That will make everything look on brand.
…or you can design it so the images overlap, making one continuous story.
4. Glorify has a “white canvas”, meaning it has unlimited space that can be used for your designs, so you can upload anything you might need there (images, fonts, etc.).
Some of the creative ways you can use Instagram carousel posts for
Storytelling is a great way to engage the audience and create relatable moments. You can tell your story through carousel posts using images, videos and text. You just need to do it in a way that will be clear and on-point.
Carousels can also help with connecting you to your customers by illustrating their problems and giving your solutions to them. People are visual creatures, so you helping them find solutions to their problems in such a creative way can only bring you closer together.
You can also ask them what they think of your product/service giving them the opportunity to create stories for you.
2. Before and after
“Before and after” types of posts are great for talking about the transformation your product/service provided to your customers. Create a carousel of before and after pictures or videos showing issues your customers were having problems with before they decided on your products/services, and how you helped them.
For instance, if your customer is having problems with their skin, and your products (lotion or cream) helped them get rid of it. That way you can showcase their progress with before and after images, videos and text, and explain to other customers how they achieved it.
3. Display products
You have a chance to show your products in several (up to 10) different images using a carousel. You can also link this post to your eCommerce site or share it on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Instagram is a great place to put images of your products and drive sales, if you do it in a creative way.
But you don’t have to use only images of your products. Short videos can be a great idea too, and you can mix images and videos for the best results.
4. Positive reviews
Reviews and comments play a big role in deciding whether to buy/use a product/service or not. Your potential customers would want to know if your customers are satisfied before they make a decision to buy your product/service.
So you can ask your customers to give feedback on your products. Their images or videos of their reviews can be put into a carousel (after they give you their permission) along with your product/service.
5. How-to posts
Instagram carousels make it easy to visually communicate and explain how-to content to your followers. For instance, a cosmetics brand can show a step-by-step process of how and in what order to use their products in a daily routine.
This process can be organized into short videos or photos that explain the process and show your audience how simple it is, so they don’t have to worry about buying your product.
Carousel posts are highly engaging, there’s no doubt about it. Presenting your business and ideas this way can increase your brand awareness, connect you on a deeper level with your audience, and drive up your sales.
So start using the carousel option on your Instagram, if you're not already. You don’t want to miss out on this opportunity to engage your audience and make them keep swiping left.